The following documentation is required when applying for a Credit Card with Standard Bank in South Africa. Find out the list of the FICA Documents Required here …
Standard Bank is now obligated to comply with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act [FICA]. In terms of this banks may not open an account for a new customer unless all required information and documents have been supplied.
You will need to provide these documents before we can open your account. If you are applying for an additional card a certified copy of the additional cardholders identity document is also required.
- Identification document (Can be South Africa ID Card)
- The most recent salary slip or proof of income
- A document issued by the South African Revenue Services (SARS) bearing your income tax registration number (less than one year old).
- One of the following documents reflecting your name and current residential address:
- A utility bill (less than 3 months);
- A bank statement, or financial statement or official correspondence from another financial institution i.e. not within the Standard Bank Group (less than 3 months old);
- A copy of a signed lease or rental agreement (by both parties), (less than 1 year old);
- A municipal rates and taxes invoice (less than 3 months old);
- A mortgage statement from another financial institution i.e. not within the Standard Bank Group (less than 6 months old);
- A telephone account i.e. a land-line or cell-phone account (less than 3 months old);
- An official tax return / tax assessment (less than 1 year old);
- Official correspondence from the South African Revenue Services (“SARS”) (less than 3 months old);
- A recent life insurance policy issued by an insurance company ( less than three months old);
- Correspondence from a body corporate or share-block association (less than 3 months old);
- A valid television license document or a renewal document with the card attached (less than one year old);
- A recent short-term insurance policy document or a short document, short-term insurance renewal letter or official correspondence (less than 1 year old).
- A retail account statement or official correspondence ( less than three months old)
- A valid medical aid statement or official correspondence ( less than three months old)
- A valid agreement or official correspondence from a security company reflecting the residential address at which an alarm is installed (less than three months old)
- A fine issued by the South African Metro Police Services (less than three months)
- A letter from a tribal chief to verify residential status (only if net income is R5 000.00 or less per month)
- A written statement by an employer on the a company letter-head stating that they own or pay for a residence hostel or boarding house, is an acceptable verification for an employee who resides in a residence hostel or boarding house (less than three months old )
- A signed written statement from the educational institution is acceptable verification for a student who reside in a residence, hostel or boarding house (less than three months old)
While the list as this huge please note that not all the documentation is compulsory you will have to find out from Standard Bank the documentation that you have to supply, you can contact them on the following details:
Phone: 0860 123 000 / +27 11 299 4701
Standard Bank FICA Documents are necessary to know before you apply for credit cards!